Frequently asked questions and answers to it.


How can I get accepted and what should I do for it?

You need to contact the Admissions Office and send an Application form, in which you have to provide all the necessary personal information with the field and specialization where you would like to study. The staff of the Admissions Office will call you at any time which is convenient for you and will provide all the necessary instructions, as well as advise on any matters related to the educational process.

You can also get detailed advice via: ICQ: 628-981-682, Skype: mbsaler44 or via email:

What exams do I need to take?

You can check the list of the entrance exams on this page.
To enroll in the MBA program you must pass a phone interview.

What forms of education exist in MTI?

At the moment we provide the following forms of education:

  • Weekend groups;
  • Extramural;
  • Distance education.

What is the period of the academic transcript’s validity?

Not more than 5 years.

What documents are required for admission to the undergraduate programs and BBA?

  • Copy of the passport;
  • The original document of the previous education;
  • Unified State Exam Certificate (if any);
  • 6 photographs, size 3 × 4 cm;
  • A personal statement;
  • An agreement;
  • Copy of Name change certificate (if any).

What documents are required for admission to the graduate programs and MBA?

  • Copy of the passport;
  • The original document of previous education;
  • Copy of work record book;
  • Unified State Exam Certificate (if any);
  • 6 photographs, size 3 × 4 cm;
  • A personal statement;
  • An agreement;
  • Copy of Name change certificate (if any).

What is the duration of higher education programs and MBA?

  • Undergraduate (first degree) — 4–4.5 years;
  • Undergraduate (second degree) — 3–3.5 years;
  • Master’s programs — 2 years;
  • MBA — 2,2 years.

How can I take the entrance test at MTI?

Entrance examinations for all applicants are held by the Central Admissions office in form of online tests in the system of distance learning (SDL).

To gain access to the entrance exams you need to apply for admission, after which the staff of Admissions office will contact you. After checking all the necessary documents, you will be assigned to the entrance examinations.

Can I get accepted at MTI if I am already studying at another university?

Transfer to MTI from another university requires undergoing a certain procedure. The student must provide a copy of the student’s record book or a certificate of achievement from another university to the MTI Admissions office. After that, the student receives a certificate of confirmation that MTI is ready to accept the student by transfer procedure. Then the student submits this certificate to the dean’s office at his university and gets expelled. He must receive:

  • An extract from the enrollment termination order as a transfer procedure;
  • Academic transcript on the form sheet in the government-approved format within 2 weeks.

Next, the student provides to the Admissions office at MTI:

  • Academic transcript;
  • An extract from the enrollment termination order as a transfer procedure;
  • High school diploma.

The student then collects the list of documents required for normal application:

  • A personal statement;
  • An agreement;
  • Photographs;
  • Other required documents (if necessary).

After filling in all the necessary documents the student pays tuition and gets enrolled at MTI by order of rector.

For more information, please contact the secretary of the Admissions office via phone in Moscow: +7 (495) 648-62-26 or 8 800 700 33 04 (free across Russia).

What is the difference between undergraduate and graduate programs?

If you already have a diploma of the first higher education, your education period may be reduced to 2.5-3.5 years, depending on transfer credits. The diploma supplement should indicate the number of completed hours.

Can I qualify for a second higher education with a shorter period of studying?

If you already have a diploma of the first higher education, your education period may be reduced to 2.5-3.5 years, depending on transfer credits.

Can I enroll in an MBA program without a diploma of the first higher education?

Under Russian law, for admission to the MBA program (Master of Business Administration) it is strictly necessary to have higher education (completed bachelor’s degree, specialist degree and above).

In case of absence of the higher education, we recommend enrolling in the BBA program (Bachelor of Business Administration).

Studying at MTI

Do I need to come to Moscow if I study at the distance-learning program?

No, distance education form allows taking classes online without visiting the campus.

You will only have to come for the final state exams and final thesis defense.

Will I have a curriculum for distance learning program and tests schedule in SDL (System of Distance Learning)?

Yes, you will be provided with an individual study plan. Tests, term papers and exams are taken as you complete each course.

How is the testing process organized?

There are training, control and final tests. Tests are taken online as you complete each course.

How many attempts are given to pass the tests on the completed courses?

3 attempts are provided for the final tests.

What access to learning materials will be provided to me once I get accepted?

Education in all higher education programs is provided with an access to distance learning technologies in the SDL.

Having passed the entrance exams and after the order of enrollment is signed, you will be connected to the SDL and will receive a login and a password to access your personal account. In the SDL you will have access to all electronic textbooks, library, intermediate and final tests. You will be able to communicate with teachers and fellow students, participate in webinars and web conferences.

You can learn about all the possibilities of distance education on this page.

Diplomas and certificates

What diploma do I get at the end of the undergraduate program?

Upon completion of an undergraduate program at MTI you get a Higher National Diploma awarding Bachelor's degree in the chosen field, with a Supplement in Russian and European form (Diploma Supplement).

What diploma do I get at the end of Master’s program?

Upon completion of Master’s program at MTI you get a Higher National Diploma awarding Master's degree in the chosen field, with a Supplement in Russian and European form (Diploma Supplement).

What diploma do I get at the end of BBA program?

Upon completion of BBA program at MTI you get a Higher National Diploma awarding Bachelor’s degree in the chosen field, with a Supplement in Russian and European form (Diploma Supplement), as well as MTI diploma of an established form.

What is Diploma Supplement?

Diploma Supplement — is a document set up by the European Commission, Council of Europe and UNESCO / CEPES for graduates of European universities in the framework of the Bologna Declaration, by which countries mutually recognize documents of higher education.

Diploma Supplement contains the necessary information about the owner of a diploma, the name and professional degree, syllabus and learning outcomes expressed in the credits of ECTS (European Credit Transfer System), as well as information about the Russian education system.

Diploma Supplement is necessary to continue to study and work abroad and is also helpful in employment in multinational and foreign companies.

If I get higher education off-campus, will it be indicated in the diploma?

No, only the education form is mentioned in the Diploma Supplement: either extramural or online study mode.

Moscow Technological Institute


How can I pay the tuition fee?

You can pay the tuition fee at MTI in any convenient way:

  • By payment receipt in any convenient bank branch;
  • Via settlement account to the settlement account;
  • By Visa, Master Card or Diners Club credit cards;
  • Noncash transaction from the company.

How much is tuition at MTI?

You can learn about the tuition at MTI on this page.

What education period must be paid for?

You can pay the tuition for a year.

Those students who study at MBA programs have to pay for the full course (2 years), with no additional payments afterwards.

How can I get a bank installment?

Russian citizens can get a bank installment if he or she satisfies the following criteria:

  • Age: 21-60 years old.
  • Permanent registration in Moscow, Moscow region, Voronezh, Yekaterinburg, Kazan, Kaluga, Kostroma, Krasnodar, Nizhny Novgorod, Novosibirsk, Naberezhnye Chelny, Nizhnekamsk, Neftekamsk, Omsk, Perm, Ryazan, Rybinsk, Rostov-on-Don, Samara, St. Petersburg, Surgut, Saratov, Sterlitamac, Tula, Tyumen, Ufa, Chelyabinsk and Yaroslavl.
  • Have landline home and work phone numbers, place of employment and regular income to service a debt on educational banking installment.

Choose the sum of the first and subsequent installments which would be the most optimal for you using the bank installments calculator.

Do you have any educational grants?

Unfortunately, we do not currently provide grants for HPE and MBA programs. You can subscribe to the newsletter by email and we will notify you if such opportunity arises.

Please note that we cannot provide more information about the grants, the date of their occurrence, the number of perspective students, requirements and etc.


What is Nostrification?

Nostrification is a procedure of recognition of international documents of higher and postgraduate professional education, i.e. consent of the state authorities of the Russian Federation to the legitimacy of these documents on the territory of the Russian Federation.

The decision on the recognition and the establishment of equivalence of international documents on higher and postgraduate education in the Russian Federation is adopted by the federal educational authorities on the basis of relevant international treaties of the Russian Federation.

Who has to undergo the procedure of nostrification?

Nostrification is not needed if you have received a diploma of higher education:

  • in the USSR before 1991;
  • in the Russian Federation.

Nostrification is needed if:
You are in possession of a diploma obtained outside the Russian Federation.

How to pass nostrification?

Since February 1, 2010 Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) is carried out in the Federal Education and Science Supervision Agency building at 33, Shabolovka St.

Documents can be delivered personally or sent by mail, with indication on the envelope «Recognition ATAS» to 115998, 33, Shabolovka St., Moscow.

More information about Academic Technology Approval Scheme can be found at or via phone: +7 (495) 952-0940, +7 (495) 954-5216, +7 (495) 954-5302, +7 (495) 954-5502.

Is it possible to get accepted first, and then undergo the procedure of Nostrification during the education process?

Yes, this is possible if a student fills in the application-receipt.

Concepts and definitions


BA (from Latin Baccalarius — «young man», in turn from the Latin Bacca lariu — fruit laurel) is an academic degree which is earned by students after completing basic fundamental courses. In Russia this degree was first introduced in 1993. The regulatory term of the Bachelor program is 4 years. Degree is awarded according to the results of final thesis defense at a meeting of the State Attestation Commission; it gives the right to engage in professional activities in the selected field and the right to enroll in graduate school.


Master (from Latin Magister — mentor, teacher, leader) is the second stage of higher education acquired by the student after completing graduate courses. It enables students to deepen the specialization in a certain professional sphere or undergo professional retraining. Master’s degree gives the graduates the opportunity to work in the higher echelons of executive staff in various organizations and industries in different spheres and different forms of ownership, and it also gives the right to enroll into postgraduate school.

Distance education

Distance education — type of education that is completely or partly carried out with the help of computers and telecommunication technologies and devices. Distance learning makes it possible to combine the process of getting a degree and working or studying in another school at the same time due to a more flexible schedule.

The main principle of distance learning — to free students from daily hours of studying on campus, thus saving time, but also to give profound education. There is an erroneous belief that knowledge acquired this way is tender. The student studies the material on his own, but the level of knowledge is controlled by the teacher. To do this, the student takes tests and exams and based on the positive results of the state final certification is awarded a state-recognized diploma.


Tutor — a historically formed special pedagogical position that ensures the elaboration of individual educational programs for pupils and students and accompanies individualized education in universities, systems of additional and continuous education.

The Bologna Process

Bologna process is the process of rapprochement and harmonization of educational systems in Europe with the aim of creating the Common European Higher Educational Area. Russia joined the Bologna Process in September 2003 at the Berlin meeting of European Ministers of Education.

The objectives of the process which are expected to be achieved by 2010 are:

  • construction of a European area of higher education as a key direction of citizens’ labor mobility;
  • forming and strengthening the intellectual, cultural, social, scientific and technological potential of Europe;
  • increasing the prestige of European higher education throughout the world;
  • ensuring the competitiveness of European universities with other systems of education in the race for students, money, influence;
  • achieving greater compatibility and comparability of national systems of higher education, improving the quality of education;
  • increasing the central role of universities in the development of European cultural values, in which universities are considered to be the carriers of the European consciousness.

Within the framework of the Bologna process higher professional education has two levels — bachelor and master degrees, which are recognized throughout the world.

European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System

ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) — European system of accounting academic work of students during educational program or course. In practice, ECTS is used in students’ transfer procedure from one school to another throughout the European Union and other countries which have adopted the system of European countries. One academic year corresponds to 60 ECTS-credits, which is about 1500-1800 hours of study.

ECTS system provides that the performance of students will be determined by the existing national scale ratings, but it is also recommended to use statistical ECTS rating scale (ECTS grading scale). Depending on student’s rating (discipline or other kind of educational activity), he or she is awarded the following positive grades according to the positive evaluation scale ECTS:

  • А — the top 10%
  • В — the next 25%
  • S — the next 30%
  • D — the next 25%
  • Е — the next 10%